AppAttack, LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates appattack.app and its subdomains
(the “Site” or “Services”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the
collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
We at AppAttack are committed to protecting your privacy. The privacy practices
by AppAttack. If you link to other web sites, please review the privacy policies
posted at those sites.
By using this Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy
time. If you do not agree with the data practices provided in the Privacy
Policy, you should not use the websites owned by AppAttack. Your continued use
acceptance of those changes.
- The information we collect and why we collect it
- Your right to access your Personal Information
- How the information is used
Information we collect
Information you provide to us
- Basic Account Information: For each user account, you will provide information such as full name and email address. This data is used to provide basic functionality of the application such as logging in and sending transactional notifications to the users. This data will not be used for direct marketing targeted towards individual users.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you purchase services from us, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Communications with Us: You may provide information through surveys or submission forms. This information may include contact information such as name, email address, and phone number.
Information we collect automatically
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you start and complete training exercises.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform on the Site. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g. page views, form submissions) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Information we don’t collect
- Sensitive Personal Information: We do not intentionally collect sensitive personal information, such as social security numbers, genetic data, health information, or religious information.
- Information on a Child Under the Age of 13: AppAttack does not knowingly collect information from or direct any of our content specifically to children under 13.
How and why we use information
Purposes for using information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will make our Services more effective;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition—for example, we may analyze how many organizations purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of AppAttack and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by AppAttack and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on AppAttack and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
We do not sell our users’ private Personal Information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of AppAttack, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How long we keep information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it—which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information—and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
Commitment to data security
Your Personal Information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents, and
contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have
access to this information.
We (and our third-party service providers) use a variety of industry standard
security measures to prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your
Personal Information. These security measures consist of but are not limited
to data encryption and physical security. No method of transmission or method of
electronic storage over the internet is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive
to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we
cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, AppAttack does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using AppAttack’s Sites, with the drawback that certain features of AppAttack’s Sites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your AppAttack account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above—for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, contact us as described below in the Contact Us section.